Friday, March 28, 2008

The best game of my life

Thursday night had to be one of the best nights for me and everyone in my family had to miss it besides my dad and Blake. My soccer team had an away game Thursday night to a team we knew we could at least tie with, Satsuma High School. Their pretty much on our level when it comes to difficulty and skill. Anyways, i had orders from a doctor to sit out of anything that involved running for 2 weeks last Friday due to some pain i had been having in my ankles. Well i shortened that time to 6 days...close enough right? I told my coach that i didn't care if he didn't want me to go in (even though i knew he wanted me to) to just go ahead and put me in anyway. He ended up putting me on first string, where I've been all year, and allowed me to play the entire time. It was a hard long game and one of the best games i had ever played in my life. They scored in the first half towards half time, then we scored in the second half with 15 minutes left. My teams knows not to quite and to go hard to the end even when you know your going to lose, so we pushed hoping that at worst we would have to go into a shoot out. Everyone on the team gave it their all till we were just ready to fall over and sleep because we were so tired. The last minute had to be the most intense, 30 seconds into the minute......they scored on a VERY lucky shot. Those last 30 seconds were the most brutal 30 seconds of my young life. We pushed for a goal and missed. Then the whistle blew and it was all over. Its strange how things can be going your way then you get a slap in the face and your welcomed back to reality very quickly. Our coach did just that, we were upset yes but what he made us realize is that we didn't give up at any point in the game and we played one of the best games we had ever played that night. I got called out (for a good reason) i had tried my hardest, gone against my doctors orders, and in return made some of the best plays i have ever made. I could go on and on forever about how good we did and how it isn't always about winning, its about the "to-close" games, the screaming fans, and how hard you tried. In the end it will never matter if you win or lose but how you played the game.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your blog Chelsea! I love reading about your game. It helps me to imagine what it would be like if I were good enough to play on a team. I was never good at sports and was ALWAYS the last picked or just about the last. I was able to imagine the sound of everyone cheering ya'll on. It must have been exciting!

Alabama Apples said...

Yeah! I'm glad you started a blog. If you don't mind, I'd like to read it. Your game must of been incredible. I'm so impressed with your athletic ability. I always wanted to be more athletic, but I was born with 2 left feet and absolutely NO hand-eye coordination! I also love the desciption of your FHE. Thanks for making me laugh!

Liberty

annie said...

Sounds like a great game! Just think, you have several more years of that fun and excitment to enjoy and it will only get better. Reading about your game brought me back to my "glory days." Maybe we will come to one of your cames and cheer you on. GO WARRIORS!