Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The classic Chuck Taylor's...

I just recently bought my first pair of Chuck Taylor's and when I first put them on it was pure magic. I had some knock offs that looked just like them only they were brown and didn't quite feel the same, if you know what I mean. Anyway, with in the first few days of having them I asked my parents if they had some growing up expecting a yes because just about every adult I know did. My dad took the more conservative route with black and white while my mom went with a funky bright baby blue. I guess I take after my mom seeing that I went with bright red. Since Chuck Taylor's first came out however, there are more designs that have come and go then ever before. Mine are not only red BUT they are double tongue and the tongue that flips down is polka dotted with lady bugs ill post a picture once i get one so you can see. Anyway, the point of this was to show that Chuck Taylor's are here to stay and i don't expect them to be leaving anytime soon and even if they do I'm not really a follower so they'll continue to live on through me long after they go out of style. :] converse = love = one happy Chelsea

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I had a pair too (well, two if you count my sisters) Mine were blue and hers were red. We loved them. Mine were the high tops and we used to fold them down. You're right somethings never go out of style, they may take a break every now and then, but they'll be back. Just like a great pair of Levi's!

annie said...

LOVE 'EM. I think the last pair I ever owned were plaid. I don't remember the first pair. I do remember being jealous of my sister's pink ones. I saw some Converse at Target the other day and I was wondering if they were the real deal.