Sunday, August 3, 2008

Word to the wise...

Considering that i dont often have random thoughts of 'wisdom' i guess you could call it i like to write it down when i do. I was sittin here at the computer just looking for something to do, a game, a quiz, or even just an article i could read, out of no where i got this thought. what if everyone really did care? I mean like, what if EVERYONE in the world was like the few people that want to make everything right, and actually try to. I kinda wish i could be one of those people that travles around the world tryin to save a river that no one has ever heard of but they know it will make a differene to SOMEONE if they do. Why cant everyone have the same drive and compassion as those few people that dare to do things that are completly crazy but completly sane at the same time? What if we all did one thing everyday that wouldnt benifit us in anyway, but by blessings alone? Would the world be a better place? Most deffinately. Would people start havin sudden changes of heart to help someone because they were simply inspired by someone elses good deeds? It wouldnt surprise me. I wanna be one of those people that retires and goes around the world helping others and makin changes for the better. I want to be a modern hero. Im goin to make it a point now at the age of 15 to make a difference in the world. Even if its a small difference that goes unnoticed or a big differnce that shakes the world...im goin to do it. I dont quite know how i will yet but i do know im goin to. It may not happen today and it may not happen this month but i can promise you this, i will somehow help someone in need.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Your post reminds me of the movie "Pay it Forward." I love that movie and I KNOW the little things we do can make a difference. You have inspired me to think of something I can do to help someone else. So see, it is already working=)

Andrea said...

Chelsea--Good for you! I know that you will make a difference in the world. I think you already have. But keep striving. I think some people think you have to have lots of money to make a difference in the world, but that is not true. Sometimes the biggest difference is by little things we do--even if it is a smile to someone who is having a bad day.
Thanks for reminding me that everyday can be one that changes someone else's life for the better.

Ann said...

Chelsea,

You will go far with that attitude. I see the maturity in you when I read your blog. We should all try every day to make life better for someone else. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it caught on with everyone?? By the way, I love the movie Pay It Forward also. I think I have it around here somewhere if you are interested in seeing it.

Ann B