Friday, May 2, 2008

"I killed a man....with this thumb!"

Every year for the past 3 years E.R. Dickson has had a free movie night open to families. Seeing that my mom is very involved in the elementary school, we all went. The movie night is normally held outside so its under the stars and in the cool breeze. Today though, it had been kind of overcast and windy. The newscaster also called for a chance of rain either tonight or tomorrow. The people who were showing the movie wanted to play it safe and set up inside the gym. As we were on our way there I thought, "The gym is going to be so packed, there's not going to be any room and I'm going to be miserable." To my surprise it wasn't packed at all it seems that the 'bad' weather scared everyone away. May I add that the weather was perfectly fine all night. It was crowded a tad but not overly crowded it was just the right amount. They were playing the movie Ratatouille. No one in our family besides Dylan and Hannah has seen the movie before so we were all excited. Well i was kind of tired i just got done with soccer practice at the YMCA, we came straight from there. So we were all stinky, sweaty, dirty and gross.Well my brother and I were anyway. The movie started out kind of weird. There was a rat jumping out of a window holding a cook book, like a rat knows how to cook...yeah right. It was one of those scenes where the person has a flash back to explain how they got into the situation they are in. As he is having the flash back it eventually catches up with the current point and carries on into the movie. Basically the movie was about a rat who became a gourmet chef in France with the help of a young terrible cook. Its a movie you would have to see for yourself. Well there was a part in the movie where the only girl chef is explaining how everyone in the kitchen has a secret and there was one man who had been sent to jail but know one knew why. Every time someone would ask the story would change and one time he held up his hand and all he said was " I killed a man...WITH THIS THUMB!" I have to admit it wasn't that funny i think it was a mix of me being tired and hungry and sleep deprived that made it absolutely hilarious for me. I just cant explain the whole movie though, it would take way to long and it would BE way to long. So anyway, the movie was pretty good and no one seemed to mind that my brother and I smelled like sweat and dirt. I definitely suggest this to families with small children :]

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I must have been tired too then because I remember laughing at that same part of the movie. Too good.

Ann said...

We enjoyed it too! And we don't have any little kids to watch it with us, just us old folks...lol.

Ann B