Monday, April 21, 2008

Family Home Evening

As I've stated before, our family home evenings are always hectic and crazy. Tonight though, it was the funniest it has ever been. The family decided to play Disney Movie sheraids for tonight. Let me explain what happened. So the first person to go was my mom because she picked the game. She started to curl her hair with her finger and skip around for a few minutes. When no one got it she then started to act as if she was eating something from under our TV shelf. Once she did that everyone instantly knew it was Elf but Dylan had the fastest instincts so he was up next. Dylan looked like he knew what he was doing at first, but it was down hill from there. He got on all fours on the ground and acted like....geez I dont even know he looked like he was being wacked in the back repedidly with a whip or something very painfull. Then he would stand up and start pointing and again looking like he was being hit with something very painfull. As soon as everyone had given up on trying to figure it out, it came to me...Barnyard! He let out a sigh of relief, im sure he was tired of trying to get us to get it. It took me a minute to figure out what I wanted to do, but I finally thought if something. I began to act as if I was hitting something on the ground. Then I made an array of different faces. As I started to make the different faces I thought "If they dont get this I just might die." I was getting tired of making faces and I couldnt remember but 3 dwarfs, so thankfully my mom figured it out. I was acting out Snow white and the 7 dwarfs. Since my mom had already gone she let Ethan go. Let me tell you now, if I had one moment where I wish there was a camera in the house that had betteries, it would have been then. I thought I was going to pee in my pants and im pretty sure everyone else was about to also. Ethan gets up and imediately looks like he knows whats he going to do. There's the problem, he always LOOKS the part but rarely will he actually get it right. He started jumping around and do some crazy things I didnt know he could do. Its very hard to explain but im going to try. I guess ill start off by telling you he was trying to explain the movie Fantasmic. He was waving his arms around his head in circles and crashing then down to the floor. He would then get on his hands and knees and make weird body movements that are litteraly undescribeable. I really wish I would have had a camera it would have given everyone who reads this a good 10 minute laugh. Anyways, he continued to make weird facil expressions and hand movements untill we all gave up. He acted as if we all should have known what he was talking about when he told us what movie he was acting out. So after he sat down he was down right exasted, i had never seen someone so....I dont even know how to explain it. The next person up was Hannah. She had picked to do The Little Mermaid which could be either easy or hard depending on what you acvt out and how you act it out. Hannah, being herself, chose the easy route. She acted as if she was swimming and that was all she had to do, everyone knew exactly what she was doing. After Hannah went Blake, this was another funny one. He started acting like he was holding a baby in his arms, rocking it softly back and forth. He then sat on the ground with his knees pulled in under his arms and rocked himself back and forth. The entire time he was staring at my dad, it got to the point where my dad suggested that he make eye contact with everyone because he was getting freaked out. You could tell in my dads facial expression he wasnt joking. With that being said he turned and faced everyone still doing the same things over and over. I started to think "Do they know that the purpose of shirades is to perform different parts from a movie, not just one or two sceens over and over?" I deicded to just let them continue without saying anything, I mean really its just family home evening. Anyway, He was trying to act out Hercules. It was getting late and everyone was getting to the point that they were so tired they were hyper. So the family was going to do a second round, but everyone was just way to hyper. I still cant believe my camera didnt have betteries. The one night I need it the most...no batteries. Ill just have to make sure we have batteries AND a working camera next time.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You had me laughing so hard with the story of Ethan and Blake with your dad. I totally could picture it. Thanks for the laughs. Don't be surprised if next week you hear a ring at your door and find the Odoms. Your family home evenings sound great! Glad ya posted about it!

Alabama Apples said...

Haaahaaa! I was laughing so hard and loudly!!! (Kit just asked me WHAT I was doing) I loved it! Me too, me too! Can I bring my herd to your house for FHE? You guys sound like you have a blast!

annie said...

Whoever is in charge of dessert next week needs to make a quadruple batch because we are coming too! The picture of Blake staring right at your dad was cracking me up. But hey, I think we have all been there with the dead battery thing.