Saturday, April 12, 2008

One Big Muddy Mess

It's a normal YMCA Saturday morning in our house with everyone rushing around looking for their cleats, socks, chin guards, jersey's, things like that. It had been raining all night and some of this morning so my dad called to see if my brother and i were having a game since we played at nine and it was still raining around eight. Our game had been cancelled but my other brothers, Ethan and Dylan, still had their games. When we got to the YMCA i gained a new definition of flood. The goalie area in front of the goal box was completely filled with water, it was very obvious that whoever played goalie would get muddy, very muddy. Dylan's game started around the same time as Ethan's so I decided I would watch Ethan's game since we play on the same field(he's only one age group under me), besides the littler kids around Dylan's age cluster up a lot. Just when you think you've seen as much slipping and falling as you can in one game someone else falls. Every single person on both Ethan's and Dylan's team was muddy to an extreme it was disgusting. Personally I'm actually kind of happy I didn't have to play, I mean I don't mind getting dirty i enjoy it sometimes but this was a different kind of muddy. It was the "more water-than-mud" muddy. If I didn't know better I would have said they were playing slip and slid with protective gear. Their was even a little girl maybe 2 or 3 that was watching the game and then she realized the YMCA had a red dirt track around all the fields. Well since it had been raining it was obviously muddy, and in some parts even under water. She walked over to an area under water and just sat down and rolled in it. She was having a ball it was hilarious, she was rubbing it on her arms and face rolling in the water laughing. Little kids know how to appreciate the simple things even when they are disgusting. Anyways, in the end Ethan won his game with a score of 4-2 and Dylan won his with a score of 1-0. I unfortunately made the mistake of wearing my converse which are now muddy:[

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Chelsea,

Sounds like fun! Sorry to hear that your converse got muddy! They should wash well though. BTW, thanks for posting the song "The Freshmen" by verve Pipe. I love that song and have not heard that song in YEARS...I'm going to add it to my playlist. Have a great weekend!

annie said...

Playing soccer in the mud is always a good time. But, washing mud off your own kids is not fun at all. So, I totally hate it for that little girls mom. Yeah for your brothers and their winning teams.