Thursday, April 10, 2008

What A Nice Surprise

So I'm sitting in our family room minding my own business baby sitting my siblings when I hear the door bell ring. I get up to go see who it is and I got the biggest surprise of my life. It was none other then Elder Harris! He was one of our many favorite missionaries that we missed when he left our ward. Anyways, so I walk up to the door and I scream well it was more of a yelp for joy because I hadn't seen him in FOREVER and he was cool, and all my siblings are like, "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?" so i said " ITS ELDER HARRIS!" then everyone ran to the door and TA-DA! One happy reunion :] So we talked for a good 15 minutes or so about school and church and home life. Then I asked him about all the places he had been and I got to meet his companion Elder Chase from Utah. Considering it was me and no parents I called my mom and he talked to my mom on the phone for a little bit. When that was all said and done they had to leave so they could go see my mom before they threw in the towel for the night. So we said our good byes and they were gone. Its always nice to see a friend you haven't seen in a long time, I'm sure everyone who reads this knows what I'm talking about. Its like you lose a dog and then a week later you wake up with him at your feet its just a nice and unexpected surprise. Isn't that the point of surprises though?, just when you think something or someone is gone forever they pop back up into your life. My point is, you never know when something that always been in your grasp will be stripped from you, and sometimes you never get to see those things again. Make the most of the time you have with people, you never know when their going to leave you and whether it'll be temporary or permanent. Love all those around you even if they do get on your nerves, what goes around comes around.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love your blog Chelsea! You are so right. It is important to make the most of the time you have (I loved your runaway dog analogy). You have a lot of wisdom for a young woman. Keep writng, I'm enjoying it!

Alabama Apples said...

So this is a way cute post. I love surprises, too! Especially people surprises... :o) So, I guess I'm totally stupid. but I've never heard of Chuck Taylors! Post a picture so I can understand what they look like. I know I'm a loser!!! LOL