Thursday, April 17, 2008

Overcast and Windy

So yesterday I was expecting a sunny day at the beach and instead I got an overcast, windy, and chilly morning. I had been bugging my mom to go to the beach ALL week but we still hadn't gone, so when we finally went yesterday I was excited. We got there really early, we were the first ones there so far and it was around 9:00. When we stepped out of the car, wow what a downer. It was just as windy and cold at the beach as it was in Mobile if not colder. I'll admit I was upset, but I didn't show it because I really wanted to be there so we stayed. For an hour maybe we were the only ones on the beach, my sister and I were playing with the sand but I still hadn't taken off my t-shirt or shorts, I thought it was to cold. So I stayed in my clothes for a long time before I even considered taking them off, and when I did I didn't even worry about sunscreen because it was so overcast. As a result of no sunscreen I got burned.......on one arm!!! Not only am I burned on one arm but its a weird burn, its all jagged and deformed. The sun is not my friend :[

1 comment:

Nutty Newburns said...

Hey Chelsea we love reading your blog you might not remember us but the boys will we were theyre scout leaders last summer before we started nursing school Tell your parents hey we love them to death and miss you all keep up the great stories you are awesome at writing we are impressed!!
Carly and Dewayne Newburn we found yall off the applegates and odoms site this is soo much fun!! hope to see ya soon at church!!