Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh the horror...

Swim suits. Two words I never use to fear. Recently it seems that all swim suit designers have decided to make most of their swim suits bikinis or skanky one pieces. Excuse my french. It took me two days to even find a decent swimsuit. The places I normally look like target or khoals usually have a good wide selection of swimsuits but recently they seem to have nothing but bikinis. I got to the point where I actually considered just buying one and then buying a dark colored surf shirt so you couldn't tell I was wearing one. As soon as I thought that, I found one. Its getting harder and harder each year to find swim suits, even for older women like moms. As I was looking for my own swim suit I noticed that all the older women's swim suits were also sizing down to more bikinis and less one pieces or appropriate two pieces. I can only wonder where we will be in a few years and just what exactly the selection is going to be like. The point of me bringing this up is to point out how things are getting today in America, around the world even. More and more people are finding it OK to show more skin then ever before when in reality its just plain unattractive.

4 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

No kidding! And the sad part is life will only get harder. *sigh* I definitely feel for my children...I thought life was hard when I was younger!

Andrea said...

Chelsea, you are so right! And in more than one way. It is harder to find a modest swimsuit and trust me, even if I did wear bikini's that would just be plain unattractive! I really think that perhaps you should think about becoming a designer and designing some nice modest swimsuits, clothing, church dresses etc. I promise I will be one of your first customers.

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* We have been around almost 200 years, LDS Swimwear has already been invented.. :)

http://www.modestclothes.com/LDS/lds-swimsuits.html

Jim and Merry said...

Chelsea, Lands End has the best swimsuits for girls and for moms. The best anywhere. period. Go to their website, www.landsend.com and check them out. They are pricey for sure, but if you look in their overstocks, you will find more, at better prices. I love Lands End. Their clothes are also at Sears, and they have great sales! Check them out.

Btw, great post! You just keep getting better and better. Does Davidson have a newspaper? You should write for it, seriously. Here's some ancient history for you - - - Back in my day (the sixties) they had a newspaper called the Toshua Times. I had a comic strip in it.

Keep up the good work!